Our office is looking for a skilled and committed medical coding specialist to join our team. As the medical coder, you will be responsible for accurately coding medical procedures, diagnoses, and services in compliance with regulatory requirements and insurance policies. The medical coding specialist is responsible for ensuring that medical claims are processed and reimbursed in a timely and accurate manner. This position requires a thorough understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and disease processes.
Please Note: We’re looking for a certified medical coding specialist to join our team. Must have 2 years of experience in Surgical Coding, OB/GYN Coding, EPIC, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing medical records to accurately assign codes to diagnoses, procedures, and services using ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems.
- Ensuring that coding accurately reflects the services provided and that documentation supports the codes assigned.
- Researching and resolving coding issues and discrepancies.
- Communicating with healthcare providers to clarify documentation and coding questions.
- Collaborating with billing and reimbursement staff to ensure timely and accurate claims submission.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of regulatory requirements, insurance policies, and coding changes.
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives to ensure accurate and timely coding.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Coding of Surgical Procedures
- Hysterectomies & Hysteroscopy
- Dilation & Curettage
- IUD Insertions
- Operating Room
- Surgical Ob/GYN
- Completion of an accredited medical coding program or equivalent experience required
- Certification in medical coding (such as CPC or CCS) preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and disease processes
- Familiarity with ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations